Check items to add to the cart or select all
Setting Up Trixbox and Asterisk VoIP training course
This Voice Over IP training course is designed for those of you who are considering or are about to install a VoIP telephone system, or who have inherited an Asterisk or Trixbox VoIP system and need to support it or upgrade it.
At the end of the course you will:
- set up and manage a Voice Over IP PBX.
- have the knowledge to configure extensions
- be able to connect your VoIP PBX to ordinary exchanges, ISDN lines and to the internet.
The course contains a mix of presentations and hands-on workshops. During the VoIP training course you will have your own workstation on which to carry out a Asterisk/ Trixbox server installation and test your own configuration in conjunction with a variety of IP phones and ATA's including models from Snom and Linksys.
Trixbox Training Course modules include:
- VoIP Overview
- Hardware: Analogue adapters, IP telephones
- Asterisk, Trixbox, Centos
- Softphones - Including Skype, MSN, Ekiga, Xten
- SIP extensions, IAX extensions
- Trunks and Routing
- Zaptel configuration
- Setting up ISDN connections
- Dial Plans
- Connecting to Information Providers
- Operator Panel
- Voice Recording
- NAT, firewalls and Asterisk
- ACD Functions
No previous experience of the Linux environment, Asterisk or VoIP is required. Some familiarity with a web browser and text editor is helpful.
If you want to bring your own hardware and use the course to come away with your own fully functioning VoIP telephone system, you are welcome to. Do let us know in advance.