You have no items in your shopping cart.
From the Back:
Python 3 is the best version of the language yet: It is more powerful, convenient, consistent and expressive than ever before. How, leading Python programmer Mark Summerfield demonstrates how to write code that takes full advantage of Python 3's features and idioms. The first book written from a completely "Python 3" viewpoint, Programming in Python 3 brings together all th eknowledge you need to write any program, use any standard of third-party Python 3 library, and create new library modules of your own.
Summerfield draws on his many years of Python experience to share deep insights into Python 3 development you won't find anywhere else. He begins by illuminating Python's "beautiful heart": the eight key elements of Python you need to write robust, high-performance programs. Building on these core elements, he introduces new topics designed to strengthen your practical expertise -- once concept and hands-on example at a time. This book's coverage includes
- Developing in Python using procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming paradigms
- Creating custom packages and modules
- Writing and reading binary, text, and XML files, including optional compression, random access, and text and XML parsing
- Leveraging advanced data types, collections, control structures, and functions
- Spreading program workloads across multiple processes and threads
- Programming SQL databases and key-value DBM files
- Utilizing Python's regular expression mini-language and module
- Building usable, efficient, GUI-based applications
- Advanced programming techniques, including generators, function and class decorators, context managers, descriptors, abstract base classes, metaclasses and more
Programming in Python 3 serves as both tutorial and language reference, and it is accompanied by extensive downloadable example code -- all of it tested with the final version of Python 3 on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
|Number of Pages||552|